Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 9 full days in Svalbard
- One of the most spacious ships there is with amazing deck space
- Travel with one of the most established expedition teams there is
- Kayaking (additional cost) on select departures
- Complimentary parka jacket & rubber boot loan
Day 1: Longyearbyen
Get a first glimpse of the midnight sun in Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen's capital. Transfer from the city to the ship for a late afternoon embarkation and begin your adventure today. There are no planned activities so feel free to explore or rest up for the excitement ahead.
Days 2-10: Spitsbergen
Each day is planned to take advantage of local ice and weather conditions. Svalbard is one of the few places on the planet to offer such a plethora of natural and historical extravaganzas. Spend the next nine days exploring the remote polar regions. Visit ice-sculpted fjords with breathtaking mountain scenery, and glaciers crashing into the sea. Spend time exploring pack ice edges in search of polar bears hunting seals. At one or more of the stops, it's possible to encounter Svalbard's Arctic fox and the region's unique reindeer.
Our goal is to give travellers the best possible opportunity to see wildlife in and around the Svalbard archipelago. Ice conditions sometimes allow for sailing through the Hinlopenstretet towards the east coast of Spitsbergen, then through Freemansundet towards the south. However, this is not always possible.
Some departures will explore alternative routes to maximize time in this remote destination. Early season voyages often provide the greatest opportunity to see large ice floes in the Arctic pack ice, which usually means excellent wildlife viewing. Later in the season, the group will cover more territory, which may allow the chance to explore the entire archipelago. This can lead into the less explored regions of Nordaustlandet and Kvitøya, or the continental edges where large whales are attracted by nutrient rich upwellings.
Day 11: Longyearbyen
On departure day, transfers to the Longyearbyen airport will be offered to all passengers with flights scheduled.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
What our customers think
The best moments was getting in the Zodiacs, not once but twice a day.
Dianne & Jim Spry United Kingdom July 2018
I will tell my grandchildren that we had a barbeque on the front upper deck and got to 82 degrees north!
Dianne & Jim Spry United Kingdom July 2018
About The Ship
- A 3-4* expedition vessel for 134 guests
- 360 degree Observation Deck
- 1B ice class rating
- Optional kayaking available
- Sauna and large heated mudroom
- Complimentary jacket & loan of rubber boots
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in GBP (£) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost £3899
Optional Adventure Activities:
Sea Kayaking (USD $749 per person) - basic abilities required. Available only on the 26-Jun-2020, 13-Jul-2020, 26-Jun-2021 and 13-Jul-2021 departures.
Please note: the 30-Jul-2021 and 09-Aug-2021 departures will be German speaking voyages.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, the single supplement in a twin cabin is 1.6 times the cost of a single berth. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Child Policy: Children aged 10 years old or over can join this voyage.
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Arrival transfer
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation during the voyage on full board basis
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- Flights to and from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional services before and after your voyage
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Optional adventure activities
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, etc
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage