Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 9 full days in Svalbard
- A week long adventure under the Midnight Sun
- We like this 134-guest ship for its spaciousness and top-notch staff
- Kayaking (additional cost) on select departure
- Complimentary parka jacket & rubber boot loan
Day 1: Longyearbyen
Get a first glimpse of the midnight sun in Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen's capital. Transfer from the city to the ship for a late afternoon embarkation and begin your adventure today. There are no planned activities so feel free to explore or rest up for the excitement ahead.
Days 2-10: Spitsbergen
Each day is planned to take advantage of local ice and weather conditions. Svalbard is one of the few places on the planet to offer such a plethora of natural and historical extravaganzas. Spend the next nine days exploring the remote polar regions. Visit ice-sculpted fjords with breathtaking mountain scenery, and glaciers crashing into the sea. Spend time exploring pack ice edges in search of polar bears hunting seals. At one or more of the stops, it's possible to encounter Svalbard's Arctic fox and the region's unique reindeer.
Day 11: Longyearbyen
On departure day, transfers to the Longyearbyen airport will be offered to all passengers with flights scheduled.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
About The Ship
- A 3-4* expedition vessel for 134 guests
- 360 degree Observation Deck
- 1B ice class rating
- Optional kayaking available
- Sauna and large heated mudroom
- Complimentary jacket & loan of rubber boots
I really like this ship's style. A proper expedition vessel with all the kit and caboodle that goes with that.
John Newby Polar Specialist
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in GBP (£) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost £3999
Optional Adventure Activities
Sea Kayaking (GBP 429 per person) - basic abilities required. Available only on the 28-Jun-2018, 27-Jun-2019 and 14-Jul-2019 departures.
Single Supplement & Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, the single supplement in a twin cabin is 1.6 times the cost of a single berth. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Child Policy: Children aged 10 years old or over can join this voyage.
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Arrival transfer
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation during the voyage on full board basis
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- International flights to & from Longyearbyen
- Any additional services before & after your voyage
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Optional adventure activities
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage