Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 9 full days in Svalbard
- One of the most spacious ships there is with amazing deck space
- Travel with one of the most established expedition teams there is
- Kayaking (additional cost) on select departures
- Complimentary parka jacket & rubber boot loan
Start from Longyearbyen and end at Longyearbyen
Landmarks potentially visited on Svalbard Wildlife Safari
Day 1: Longyearbyen
Get a first glimpse of the midnight sun in Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen's capital. Transfer from the city to the ship for a late afternoon embarkation and begin your adventure today. There are no planned activities so feel free to explore or rest up for the excitement ahead.
Days 2-10: Spitsbergen
Each day is planned to take advantage of local ice and weather conditions. Svalbard is one of the few places on the planet to offer such a plethora of natural and historical extravaganzas. Spend the next nine days exploring the remote polar regions. Visit ice-sculpted fjords with breathtaking mountain scenery, and glaciers crashing into the sea. Spend time exploring pack ice edges in search of polar bears hunting seals. At one or more of the stops, it's possible to encounter Svalbard's Arctic fox and the region's unique reindeer.
Our goal is to give travellers the best possible opportunity to see wildlife in and around the Svalbard archipelago. Ice conditions sometimes allow for sailing through the Hinlopenstretet towards the east coast of Spitsbergen, then through Freemansundet towards the south. However, this is not always possible.
Some departures will explore alternative routes to maximize time in this remote destination. Early season voyages often provide the greatest opportunity to see large ice floes in the Arctic pack ice, which usually means excellent wildlife viewing. Later in the season, the group will cover more territory, which may allow the chance to explore the entire archipelago. This can lead into the less explored regions of Nordaustlandet and Kvitøya, or the continental edges where large whales are attracted by nutrient rich upwellings.
Day 11: Longyearbyen
On departure day, transfers to the Longyearbyen airport will be offered to all passengers with flights scheduled.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
What our customers think of Svalbard Wildlife Safari
Seeing the elusive Polar Bear. The landscapes and wildlife were stunningly beautiful but also very baron. Met some amazing people who we will be in contact with. I will tell my grandchildren that we had a BBQ on the front upper deck and got to 82 degrees north. Surprised how "warm" it was, although the wind chill was pretty cold.
Travelled: March 2021
Dianne & Jim Spry -
Highlights were whales (including blue whales) & polar bears less than 50 metres away. Beautiful scenery, glaciers and great wildlife sightings Our fellow passengers were great to share our experiences & generally hang out. The ships naturalist team/guides were very knowledgeable, gave great lectures. Crew very friendly & could not do enough for you. We really appreciated being upgraded to the suite. It was good to have access to basic intermittent WIFI Food was average, but not important to the enjoyment of the whole trip
Travelled: March 2021
Beverley Fisher -
About The Ship
- A 3-4* expedition vessel for 134 guests
- 360 degree Observation Deck
- 1B ice class rating
- Optional kayaking available
- Sauna and large heated mudroom
- Complimentary jacket & loan of rubber boots
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $4,960 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
Optional Adventure Activities
Sea Kayaking (USD $749 per person) - basic abilities required. Selected departures.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, the single supplement in a twin cabin is 1.6 times the cost of a single berth. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Child Policy: Children aged 10 years old or over can join this voyage.
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Arrival transfer
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation during the voyage on full board basis
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- Flights to and from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional services before and after your voyage
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Optional adventure activities
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, etc
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage