Why we like the 50 Years of Victory cruise ship
- The most powerful nuclear icebreaker in the world, ‘The Victory’ easily breaks a path through ice over 2.5 meters (8 feet) thick at a speed of 12 knots
- Helicopter flightseeing provides an amazing bird's-eye-view of the ship in action amongst the ice and of the sheer vastness of the polar scenery
- Her open bow area allows passengers to experience the ship’s raw power close up as thick ice is splintered and push aside by her wake
- Attaining The North Pole is celebrated with a walk through all the meridians, a BBQ on the ice, and an optional polar plunge for the hardy
- The delicious food onboard is carefully prepared by European chefs and is accompanied by a decent wine list
Trips aboard 50 Years of Victory
Quest For The North Pole
For the ultimate Arctic achievement, board this mighty nuclear icebreaker to stand at the top of the world at 90 degrees north. The voyage is further enhanced by strong chances of polar bear sightings, helicopter flightseeing and a visit to…
- 13 or 14 Days
Photos of 50 Years of Victory
- Passenger capacity: 128 passengers
- Ice class rating: LL1
- Size: 150.7m long x 30m wide
- Refurbished: Russian Federation, 1989
- Other key feature: World's most powerful nuclear icebreaker, Helipad for flightseeing and wellness centre.
50 Years of Victory provides guests which a great range of public spaces designed to ensure maximum enjoyment, opportunity to rest, and chances to get to know fellow travellers. These include an Aft Saloon for both presentations and socialising, a bar with vast views from which to watch the sun set with a glass of wine, and a library stocked with regional books. You can also plan some time around your excursions in one of the saunas, the swimming pool, or the gym.
What our customers think
Read More >
The expedition staff were all well versed in all aspects of providing the information and never stopped smiling. The helicopter rides were the highlight, plus close encounters with polar bears.
Angela Furssedonn United Kingdom June 2019
There is a public email available on board 50 Years of Victory.
Incoming emails are free of charge, whereas outgoing emails are charged 1.80 USD per email.
Email attachments are not allowed.