Why we like the MS Expedition cruise ship
- Top quality, friendly expedition staff who are all committed to showing the best of the Arctic
- Large, spacious public areas, as well as cabins, means everyone's got plenty of room
- The front of ship bar is a popular place in the evening to reminisce about the day's action
- For 360 degree views the Observation deck is hard to beat and a great place for wildlife sightings
- As well as generously proportioned cabins, there's also a wide range of different cabin types, all en suite
- Complimentary parka jackets and rubber boot loan
Photos of MS Expedition
Trips aboard MS Expedition
Guided by an experienced team who know the best places in Svalbard for wildlife encounters, make the most of each day’s local ice and weather conditions. Fully immerse yourself in this Arctic archipelago, exploring by zodiac and on foot. Optional…
- 8 Days
Svalbard Wildlife Safari
Set sail under the midnight sun and search for bears, seals, walrus and whales amongst the ice. Spot reindeer and Arctic fox on the tundra and don't forget to look up for guillemots and king eiders. All the while you…
- 11 Days
Quest to Svalbard, Greenland & Iceland
From wildlife-rich Svalbard, with its large polar bear population and diverse scenery, to East Greenland’s vast icebergs and ice choked fjords, this well balanced voyage offers great contrast and a strong sense of journey. Plus, good chances of seeing the…
- 15 Days
Across the Arctic Circle: Scotland to Svalbard
Join this spring journey from historic Edinburgh in Scotland all the way north to finish in Svalbard, deep inside the Arctic Circle. En route explore in depth Norway’s dramatic glacially sculpted coastline, UNESCO sites and the charming villages of the…
- 15 Days
Scottish Highlands to Norwegian Fjords and onto Svalbard
Set sail from Edinburgh and explore the Highlands and Orkney before delving into the fjords of Norway as you head north across the Arctic Circle. Stopping at the Lofoten Islands you'll be following whales and the spring migration north all…
- 18 Days
- Passenger capacity: 134 passengers
- Ice class rating: 1B
- Size : 103m long x 18.9m wide
- Refurbished: 2009
- Other key features: gym, sauna and mud-bath, all cabins outward facing.
*Note that the above measurements are approximate averages and exact cabin size can vary
The M/S Expedition's cabins are located on five different decks, all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window. There are five types of cabin to choose from: quad-, triple-, twin-share cabins, or suites. Note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have 1 queen bed.
Doubles (cat. 5)
- All four suites are on Deck 4
- Living area offers a comfortable couch, armchair, coffee table and desk.
- The separate sleeping area boasts a double bed.
- Private en suite facilities including steam shower, toilet and washbasin
- 30m2 (320 sq ft) and big floor-to-ceiling windows for superior views
Friendly common areas dotted around the ship showcase the breathtaking views of the vast landscapes you'll be sailing through. Spend a quiet, cosy morning in the library or kick back post-adventuring in the lounge or pub. Plan a barbecue night with use of the facilities on the aft deck, and treat loved ones back home in the gift shop.
Guests can also enjoy use of the computer room and gym, and look forward to some indulgent sauna sessions.
Onboard Communications & Facilities
If you wish to stay in touch, even in the Arctic, you can choose from the options below:
- WiFi: you can connect your personal device from anywhere on the ship but the signal strength is best in the common areas or in the cabins on Deck 4
- Internet: starting at $20/10mb, $50/30mb, $130/100mb,
- VoIP Telephone card: starting at $22 per 20-30min (depending on where you are calling)
- Ship-based email: starting at $35
Please note that this is only for light data traffic and that the above prices are only approximate. The prices for these services vary from season to season due to our provider's pricing strategy. VoIP requires internet connection.
Other facilities include:
- Plugs: European 220V two-round-pinned sockets
- Towels, toiletries and hair dryers
- Laundry service (additional cost)
What our customers think
Read More >
A very comfortable ship with excellent facilities, making best use of all the space available. The Mud Room, enabling us to park our wet gear out of cabins, was particularly useful, and the comfortable lounge was plenty large enough for everyone to be there at once for briefings and lectures.
Charles & Lesley Cook United Kingdom August 2018
Read More >
Very comfortable ship. Excellent crew. Staff friendly. Food plentiful, varied and tasty.
Stevie Segal United Kingdom June 2019
Read More >
The ship's naturalist team/guides were very knowledgeable and gave great lectures. The crew were very friendly and could not do enough for you.
Beverley Fisher United Kingdom July 2019