Why we like the MS Expedition cruise ship
- Top quality, friendly expedition staff who are all committed to showing the best of the Arctic
- Large, spacious public areas, as well as cabins, means everyone's got plenty of room
- The front of ship bar is a popular place in the evening to reminisce about the day's action
- For 360 degree views the Observation deck is hard to beat and a great place for wildlife sightings
- As well as generously proportioned cabins, there's also a wide range of different cabin types, all en suite
- Complimentary parka jackets and rubber boot loan
Photos of MS Expedition
Trips aboard MS Expedition
Standing on board the MS Expedition in Svalbard gave me a real sense of what a great ship she really is. Along with a very experienced expedition team, this ship sits in my top 5 favourite vessels list - perfect for the Arctic.
John Newby Polar Specialist
- Passenger capacity: 134 passengers
- Ice class rating: 1B
- Size : 103m long x 18.9m wide
- Refurbished: 2009
- Other key features: gym, sauna and mud-bath, all cabins outward facing.
*Note that the above measurements are approximate averages and exact cabin size can vary
The M/S Expedition's cabins are located on five different decks, all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window. There are five types of cabin to choose from: quad-, triple-, twin-share cabins, or suites. Note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have 1 queen bed.
Doubles (cat. 5)
- All four suites are on Deck 4
- Living area offers a comfortable couch, armchair, coffee table and desk.
- The separate sleeping area boasts a double bed.
- Private en suite facilities including steam shower, toilet and washbasin
- 30m2 (320 sq ft) and big floor-to-ceiling windows for superior views
Friendly common areas doted around the ship showcase the breathtaking views of the vast landscapes you'll be sailing through. Spend a quiet, cosy morning in the library or kick back post-adventuring in the lounge or pub. Plan a barbecue night with use of the facilities on the aft deck, and treat loved ones back home in the gift shop.
Guests can also enjoy use of the computer room and gym, and look forward to some indulgent sauna sessions.
If you wish to stay in touch, even in Antarctica, you can choose from the options below:
- Wifi: starting at $20/10mb, $50/30mb, $130/100mb,
- VoIP Telephone card: starting at $22 per 20-30min (depending on where you are calling)
- Ship-based email: starting at $35
Please note that this is only for light data traffic and that the above prices are only approximate. The prices for these services vary from season to season due to our provider's pricing strategy.
What our customers think
A very comfortable ship with excellent facilities, making best use of all the space available. The Mud Room, enabling us to park our wet gear out of cabins, was particularly useful, and the comfortable lounge was plenty large enough for everyone to be there at once for briefings and lectures.
Charles & Lesley Cook United Kingdom August 2018