Why we like the MS Expedition cruise ship
- Top quality, friendly expedition staff who are all committed to showing the best of the Arctic
- Large, spacious public areas, as well as cabins, means everyone's got plenty of room
- The front of ship bar is a popular place in the evening to reminisce about the day's action
- For 360 degree views the Observation deck is hard to beat and a great place for wildlife sightings
- As well as generously proportioned cabins, there's also a wide range of different cabin types, all en suite
- Complimentary parka jackets and rubber boot loan
Photos of MS Expedition
Trips aboard MS Expedition
Standing on board the MS Expedition in Svalbard gave me a real sense of what a great ship she really is. Along with a very experienced expedition team, this ship sits in my top 5 favourite vessels list - perfect for the Arctic.
John Newby Polar Specialist
- Passenger capacity: 134 passengers
- Ice class rating: 1B
- Size : 103m long x 18.9m wide
- Refurbished: 2009
- Other key feature: gym, sauna and mud-bath, all cabins outward facing.
*Note that the above measurements are approximate averages and exact cabin size can vary
The M/S Expedition's cabins are located on five different decks, all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window. There are five types of cabin to choose from: quad-, triple-, twin-share cabins, or suites. Note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have 1 queen bed.
Doubles (cat. 4)
- All four suites are on Deck 4
- Living area offers a comfortable couch, armchair, coffee table and desk.
- The separate sleeping area boasts a double bed.
- Private en suite facilities including steam shower, toilet and washbasin
- 30m2 (320 sq ft) and big floor-to-ceiling windows for superior views
If you wish to stay in touch, even in Antarctica, you can choose from the options below:
- Wifi: starting at $20/10mb, $50/30mb, $130/100mb,
- VoIP Telephone card: starting at $22 per 20-30min (depending on where you are calling)
- Ship-based email: starting at $35
Please note that this is only for light data traffic and that the above prices are only approximate. The prices for these services vary from season to season due to our provider's pricing strategy.