5 Reasons to Visit The Arctic in August
- Experience the vast movement of seabird colonies as they prepare to head south again for the winter
- In the Canadian Arctic take advantage of the short absence of ice to sail the historic Northwest Passage
- East Greenland opens up allowing access to Scoresby Sund and opportunities for inland exploration
- Spitsbergen’s west coast is now entirely ice free and polar bears are increasingly sighted on land
- Greenland´s flora blooms bringing carpets of colour to the tundra and hillsides
Arctic Travel - August
Arctic Travel August 2019
As August draws to a close, expedition ships begin leaving Svalbard, travelling southwards down Greenland’s wild, little visited east coast en route to Iceland.
Arctic Travel 2020
Dates for 2020 are now being released. If you are planning a cruise or a land-based adventure in the Arctic, now is the time to get in touch and start planning.