5 Reasons to Visit The Arctic in August
- Experience the vast movement of seabird colonies as they prepare to head south again for the winter
- In the Canadian Arctic take advantage of the short absence of ice to sail the historic Northwest Passage
- East Greenland opens up allowing access to Scoresby Sund and opportunities for inland exploration
- Spitsbergen’s west coast is now entirely ice free and polar bears are increasingly sighted on land
- Greenland´s flora blooms bringing carpets of colour to the tundra and hillsides
Arctic Travel - August
Arctic Travel August 2019
As August draws to a close, expedition ships begin leaving Svalbard, travelling southwards down Greenland’s wild, little visited east coast en route to Iceland.
Arctic Cruises 2020
2020 sees new ships and an unprecedented choice of voyages from Svalbard to the Northwest Passage and the Russian High Arctic. Anyone sailing north is in for a treat.
Arctic Cruises 2021
Commit to making that dreamed-of Arctic adventure happen in 2021. Our 2021 guide includes all released trip dates per season; have a read through and contact us to further discuss …