Top 5 reasons to visit the North Pole
- Achieve the most northerly point on the planet for maximum bragging rights
- Travel on one of the world’s most awesome ships
- Strong chances of polar bear sightings en route
- Helicopter flightseeing & a hot air balloon ride once you arrive at the North Pole
- Includes the chance to visit little visited Franz Josef Land
Trips to the North Pole
You can lean out over the bow and watch as the ship smashes through the sea ice, then look back and see only white for miles around you except for a thin blue channel, slowly being covered as the ice flows back.
Loli Figueroa Polar Specialist
Major landmarks in the North Pole
The North Pole: FAQs
Yes, on this trip you have good chances of seeing polar bears.
14 days in length, excluding travel days to and from Finland.
From $27,995 per person, depending on which cabin category you choose.
With only a small number of North Pole trips each season, you are strongly recommended to book early, approx. 12 - 18 months in advance.
The weather in The Arctic changes vastly, depending on the time of year that you visit and it is essential to your enjoyment of the trip that you are prepared for it.
It is only possible to visit the North Pole in June and July due to the thickness of the ice. The average temperature during the summer months is 32F (0C), the atmosphere is dry and the sun remains low in the sky.