Why We Like This Ship
- Extensive recent refurbishment has considerably benefited this already popular ship
- One of the more stable Arctic vessels with her rounded stern and active stabilizing system
- The promenade deck areas are a great place to hang out and watch icebergs float past
- An enthusiastic and dedicated team of expeditionary staff who really go the extra step
- The lounge and dining room's panoramic windows mean you never miss out on the passing scenery
- A top speed of 17.5 knots makes her one of the fastest ships in the Arctic, reducing time at sea
Watch our Video Tour of the Ocean Adventurer
Trips aboard Ocean Adventurer
This 11-day Svalbard voyage is a ‘classic’ providing ample time for near guaranteed polar bear sightings, alongside encounters with the region’s other plentiful wildlife and exploring its dramatic scenery. Phippsoya, 14th of July glacier and Hinlopen Strait are all popular…
Introductions to the High Arctic don’t come much better. Over 13 days traverse the High Arctic from wildlife-rich Svalbard, via East Greenland’s towering icebergs and autumnal tundra, finishing in Iceland. This well balanced itinerary provides abundant wildlife, startling scenery and…
Designed with photographers in mind, this extended 13 day voyage maximises photo opportunities. Travelling in early summer when ice is still prevalent, a fully flexible itinerary provides the best possible chances of capturing the white bear and other arctic wildlife…
This comprehensive westbound voyage stands out for its compelling combination of West Greenland, in-depth exploration of remote Baffin Island and the historic Northwest Passage. Jaw dropping scenery, towering icebergs, thrilling wildlife encounters, Inuit community visits and fascinating history pervade this…
Spending equal time exploring Canada’s historic Northwest Passage and West Greenland, we like this voyage’s balance and variety as much as exploring little visited places like Thule, one of the northernmost towns in the world. Big ice, rich history, exotic…
One of very few voyages to explore Southern Greenland in depth, expect big ice, Viking history, dramatic scenery and humpback whale sightings. Highlights include the spectacular Ilulissat Icefjord, home to one of the world’s fastest-moving glaciers, and Tasermiut Fjord, nicknamed…
Featuring West Greenland’s vast icebergs and humpback whales as the main stars, this voyage packs real punch. Highlights include the impressive Ilulissat Icefjord UNESCO site with its kilometre high icebergs, zodiac cruises, Inuit village visits and walking the rugged tundra.…
Photos of Ocean Adventurer
If whilst in the Arctic you wish to stay in touch, there are a number of options to choose from:
- Internet & wifi: available as a pre-paid PIN card that grants access to wifi spots found in the public spaces, but the signal should reach cabins too. Generally, 100mb cards cost about $100.
- Satellite phone card: available as a pre-paid PIN card. Expect costs of about $0.25/minute when calling to the USA.
- Ship-based email: available for a nominal fee of about $30 (text-based email)
- Mail: it is possible to send mail from the ship
Due to the remoteness of the location, the options available are only suitable for light data traffic, meaning that internet access or the uploading of images is not possible. Email access, however, is still available.