Why we like the Ocean Adventurer cruise ship
- Extensive recent refurbishment has considerably benefited this already popular ship
- One of the more stable Arctic vessels with her rounded stern and active stabilizing system
- The promenade deck areas are a great place to hang out and watch icebergs float past
- An enthusiastic and dedicated team of expeditionary staff who really go the extra step
- The lounge and dining room's panoramic windows mean you never miss out on the passing scenery
- A cruising speed of 12.5 knots puts her in the faster category of ships
Watch our Video Tour of the Ocean Adventurer
Trips aboard Ocean Adventurer
This 11-day Svalbard voyage is a ‘classic’ providing ample time for near guaranteed polar bear sightings, alongside encounters with the region’s other plentiful wildlife and exploring its dramatic scenery. Phippsoya, 14th of July glacier and Hinlopen Strait are all popular…
This comprehensive westbound voyage stands out for its compelling combination of West Greenland, in-depth exploration of remote Baffin Island and the historic Northwest Passage. Jaw dropping scenery, towering icebergs, thrilling wildlife encounters, Inuit community visits and fascinating history pervade this…
Spending time exploring Canada’s historic Northwest Passage and West Greenland, we like this voyage’s balance and variety as much as exploring little visited places like Thule, one of the northernmost towns in the world. Big ice, rich history, exotic wildlife,…
One of very few voyages to explore Southern Greenland in depth, expect big ice, Viking history, dramatic scenery and humpback whale sightings. Highlights include the spectacular Ilulissat Icefjord, home to one of the world’s fastest-moving glaciers, and Tasermiut Fjord, nicknamed…
Featuring West Greenland’s vast icebergs and humpback whales as the main stars, this voyage packs real punch. Highlights include the impressive Ilulissat Icefjord UNESCO site with its kilometre high icebergs, zodiac cruises, Inuit village visits and walking the rugged tundra.…
Photos of Ocean Adventurer
- Passenger capacity: 128 passengers
- Ice class rating: Ice Class 1A
- Size: 101.1m long x 16.2m wide
- Refurbished: 2016
- Other key feature: Library and Lounge
Explore the most remote corners of the world in comfort with free time spent between the lounge and bar areas, the Polar Boutique, and the Polar Library.
Get your heart rate going before the day of adventure ashore with use of the exercise room, and learn from the polar specialists with lectures in the presentation room.
If whilst in the Arctic you wish to stay in touch, there are a number of options to choose from:
- Internet & wifi: available as a pre-paid PIN card that grants access to wifi spots found in the public spaces, but the signal should reach cabins too. Generally, 100mb cards cost about $100.
- Satellite phone card: available as a pre-paid PIN card. Expect costs of about $0.25/minute when calling to the USA.
- Ship-based email: available for a nominal fee of about $30 (text-based email)
- Mail: it is possible to send mail from the ship
Due to the remoteness of the location, the options available are only suitable for light data traffic, meaning that internet access or the uploading of images is not possible. Email access, however, is still available.
Northwest Passage Cruises
This labryinthine waterway was long sought by early adventurers as a sea route linking the Northern Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Canada's Arctic archipelago is therefore no …
North of the Arctic Circle and halfway between Norway and the North Pole, Svalbard’s dramatic coastline and fjords are largely ice-free during high summer providing incredible …
The world's largest island is also the least densely populated country in the world challenging the adventurous with its vast swathes of beautiful, unfenced wilderness. From …
Russian Arctic Cruises
The Russian Arctic is wild, rugged, rarely visited, totally isolated, desolate and utterly stunning. That isolation has lead to flourishing wildlife and pristine landscapes that …