Day 1: Arrival in Oslo, Norway
Your Arctic adventure begins in Oslo, where you may arrive at any time during Day 1 of your itinerary. Upon arriving in this splendid capital city, known for its green spaces and museums, you will check into your included airport hotel.
Day 2: Embarkation Day in Longyearbyen, SvalbardAfter breakfast, the group will transfer to the airport and board our private charter flight to Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen’s largest settlement. As you embark this afternoon, you’ll enjoy great views of the mountainous landscape that serves as a backdrop for this seaside town.
Days 3-6: Spitsbergen, Norway
Exploring Spitsbergen, the largest of the Norwegian-ruled Svalbard islands, rewards you with abundant wildlife and austere beauty. Here, you'll visit spectacular glacier fronts and steep- walled fjords with walrus, polar bears and Spitsbergen reindeer among your possible wildlife sightings.
Birders will be thrilled to see arctic terns, skuas, long-tailed ducks, kittiwakes and ivory gulls. When conditions are right, you could sail within 10 degrees of the North Pole!
Days 7-8: Greenland Sea
While sailing south through the historic Greenland Sea, you'll learn about the wildlife and history of Greenland, your next stop. On deck, you'll learn to identify seabirds on the wing. Take in a lecture, share your photos, sip an icy cocktail in the bar or watch a movie--there are many things to do during your time at sea.
Days 9-12: East Greenland
During your tour of Greenland's remote eastern coast, you'll enjoy zodiac cruises and shore visits to several locations. Visit the remains of ancient Thule settlements, and keep an eye out for grazing muskoxen: 40% of the world's population lives here.
Finally, you will sail through spectacular Scoresbysund, the birthplace of many icebergs and, some say, the most beautiful fjord system in the world.
Days 13-14: Denmark Strait
At sea, the Denmark Strait is your pathway toward Iceland. Your Expedition Team will keep you informed and entertained with presentations about the history of exploration in the Arctic and the seabirds you'll inevitably see soaring above your ship.
Day 15: Depart Reykjavik
You'll disembark in Akureyri, and transfer to your waiting charter flight to Reykjavik, Iceland's capital, at the end of your journey. If you have booked post-expedition accommodation, we provide a transfer to a central downtown location.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only. Each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
About The Ship
- Launched in autumn 2018, a state-of-the-art ship purposely built for expedition cruising
- Every cabin has its own balcony providing easy outdoor access
- Glass-domed Observation Lounge: perfect place to watch for wildlife while staying warm
- Optional activities for active adventurers: kayaking, camping & stand-up paddle boarding
- Daily off ship excursions are complemented by impressive onboard health & wellness facilities
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
Main Deck Twin Porthole
Main Deck Twin Window
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $9995
Sea Kayaking ($695 per person) - limited places
Single Supplement & Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, the single supplement in a twin cabin is 1.7 times the cost of a single berth. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Child Policy: At date of embarkation, the minimum age restriction of 8 years and a minimum height and weight requirement of 64 lbs or 29kg and 48" or 1.2 meters must be met.
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Charter flight from Akureyri to Reykjavik post voyage
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation during the voyage on full board basis
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- Flights to & from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional services before & after your voyage
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Optional adventure activities
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)