Why we like the Rembrandt van Rijn
- This ship offers the rare chance to sail in Arctic waters aboard a three-masted schooner built at the turn of the last century
- This ship is likely to appeal to active travellers and avid sailors alike
- Capable of carrying only 33 guests with a professional crew of 12, Arctic travel doesn’t get much more exclusive than this
- The sailing experience is augmented by land-based excursions by the two onboard rubber zodiacs, accompanied by your expeditionary staff
Trips Aboard Rembrandt van Rijn
Truly escape the modern world and explore Svalbard onboard a schooner. Sail north through the melting spring ice, spot wildlife and learn about the archipelago’s rich history. Highlights include the Monaco Glacier, 17th century whaling settlements, close encounters with megafauna…
- 8 or 11 Days
Sail onboard a historic vessel inside the Arctic circle through beautiful channels and past spectacular islands. Watch for humpback whales as they search for squid and then relax on deck in the evening, waiting for clear skies and the Northern…
- 8 Days
Photos of Rembrandt van Rijn
- Passenger capacity: 33 passengers
- Ice class rating: Reinforced bow
- Size : 56.0m long x 6.65m wide
- Refurbished in : Netherlands, 1994
- Other key feature: 3 Masted Schooner
If whilst in the Arctic you wish to stay in touch, there are a number of options to choose from:
- Use of Iridium Telephone (calls): EUR 2.50 per Minute
- Emails: EUR 2.50 per email
Due to the remoteness of the location, the options available are only suitable for light data traffic, meaning that internet access or the uploading of images is not possible. Email access, however, is still available.
Find Your Arctic Ship
Making the correct choice of ship is key. With firsthand experience of all of the ships we offer, let Swoop help guide you to exactly the right one.
Ready to Book Your Arctic Adventure?
We'll spend some time listening to your aspirations, then discuss the kind of experience that might suit you.
Next we'll discuss the options, shortlist the best trips for you and present you our impartial recommendations.
We'll place a 24 hour hold on your preferred option - without obligation - whilst we talk through the details.
Our team of experts are ready to help you with any questions about a trip to the Arctic.