5 Reasons to Visit The Arctic in June
- Retreating ice allows ships to access North Spitsbergen, while polar bears are sighted on both the ice and on land
- The arrival of continuous daylight to the High Arctic makes exploration possible night and day
- Both sea and tundra birds are beginning to lay eggs with millions of sea-birds in the colonies
- Minke, humpback and fin whales arrive back having spent the winter in warmer tropical waters
- Flowers can be seen everywhere carpeting the tundra and hillsides
Arctic Travel - June
Arctic Travel June 2018
June is a great month to explore Svalbard with plenty of voyages to choose from, while the first North Pole cruises by icebreaker set sail for the roof of the world.
Arctic Travel June 2019
June’s a popular month to head north. Sail deep into Svalbard’s fjords in search of wildlife or take the season’s first icebreaker voyage to the North Pole.