5 Reasons to Visit The Arctic in April
- With temperatures increasing, April and May are the best months for dog sledding and snowmobiling
- Early spring also provides great opportunity for ski touring in Spitsbergen and East Greenland
- With the recession of sea ice Spitsbergen’s west coast is now navigable for shipping
- The earliest expedition ship of the season set sails for North Spitsbergen
- Wildlife start to become more plentiful. Arctic fox can still be seen wearing their winter fur
Arctic Travel - April
Arctic Travel April 2019
Spring comes on with a rush in April; welcoming longer days and increasing sunshine. Hungry female polar bears begin to emerge from their winter dens.
Arctic Travel 2020
Dates for 2020 are now being released. If you are planning a cruise or a land-based adventure in the Arctic, now is the time to get in touch and start planning.