5 Reasons to Visit The Arctic in April
- With temperatures increasing, April and May are the best months for dog sledding and snowmobiling
- Early spring also provides great opportunity for ski touring in Spitsbergen and East Greenland
- With the recession of sea ice Spitsbergen’s west coast is now navigable for shipping
- The earliest expedition ship of the season set sails for North Spitsbergen
- Wildlife start to become more plentiful. Arctic fox can still be seen wearing their winter fur
Arctic Travel - April
Arctic Travel April 2018
Spring has arrived in the Arctic! Wildlife start to return from their more southerly overwintering grounds and hungry mother polar bears emerge from their dens.
Arctic Travel April 2019
Spring comes on with a rush in April; welcoming longer days and increasing sunshine. Hungry female polar bears begin to emerge from their winter dens.