5 Reasons to Visit The Arctic in September
- Experience the explosion of autumn colours across the Greenlandic tundra, a great time for trekking
- With the sun now lower in the sky, soft light and dramatic sunsets make September a great month for photography
- The recession of pack ice north allows a short window of opportunity to explore East Greenland’s Scoresby Sund
- From mid month the day’s start to shorten, temperatures drop and the first new snow begins to appear
- The return of the polar night provides great opportunities to experience the Aurora Borealis
Arctic Travel - September
Arctic Travel September 2018
One benefit of the nights drawing in again is the chance to see the flickerings of the Northern Lights on one of the season’s final expedition voyages.
Arctic Travel September 2019
September can be a magical time in the Arctic. While a little cooler, the weather is generally stable and the autumnal colours are great for photography.