Why we like the Polarfront cruise ship
- The only small ship in Svalbard offering true luxury and a high-end experience
- Very generously proportioned suites for a ship of its size
- Outdoor sauna and hot tub on the aft deck
- Alcohol & soft drinks included on all departures
- Almost all food is either organic or locally sourced
- Very stable (former weather ship) making for comfortable sailing
- Experienced captains with the highest ice navigation qualifications
Photos of Polarfront
The key things I look for in a polar vessel are: outside deck space, an excellent expedition crew, and a vessel small enough to get me close to the action. The Polarfront ticks all the boxes.
Alex Mudd Polar Specialist
- Passenger capacity: 12
- Ice Class Rating: 1C
- Length: 55 m
- Built in/Refurbished in: 1975/2018
- Other key features: great hull shape to navigate ice, anti-rolling tank due to her previous life as a weather ship, outdoor sauna and hot tub
Cabin size: 18.8 - 19.3m²
Location: near the front of the vessel
Suite 1 - Mirage
Large bathroom; door opens to connect to Cabin 3; one closet that’s located in the hall to Cabin 3; two portholes in sleeping/living space; beds can’t be combined.
Suite 4 - Mistral
Bathroom is one unit; 4 closets + 1 large cubby means theres lots of storage space: good for photographers; two portholes in sleeping/living space; narrow support pole next to closets when you walk in.
Suite 3 - Alize
Separate living and sleeping room; less space around bed sides; separate toilet and shower; connecting doors to Cabin 1 if sharing with family; two portholes in sleeping space; one porthole in living room; 3 closets next to the bed; less easy access to closets, but lots of closet space.
Cabin size: 19.8 - 23.3m²,
Location: one forward, one mid-ship, and one aft
Suite 5 - Sirocco
Spacious - offers sitting and sleeping areas as one unit; two portholes; bathroom is one unit ; 3 closets.
Suite 2 - Convergence
Spacious cabin as one unit; spacious bathroom as one unit; two portholes in sleeping/living space; 3 closets.
Suite 11- Mascaret
3 portholes in sleeping/living space; spacious and nicely-laid-out cabin; 2 closets; closest in layout to Owner’s suite with stable and private location on ship