Why we like the MS Fram cruise ship
- Purpose built expedition ship and fully refurbished for the 2020 season
- Go anywhere capability with an ice-strengthened hull
- Carefully designed to immerse guests in the destination with science centres, lecture theatres and a host of expert guides
- A huge range of cabins gives a choice to everyone
- A large restaurant, sauna, gym and spa makes an expedition feel like a holiday too
- Huge amounts of interior and exterior observation space
- Zero single use plastic onboard – every effort is made to make trips as green as possible
Trips aboard the MS Fram
Greenland & The Northwest Passage
Sail a legendary route from Reykjavik, explore a Viking past in southern Greenland and follow 19th-century explorers into the Northwest Passage. Spot the Arctic Big Six and the Northern Lights as you learn about Inuit culture from specialist guides onboard…
- 19 Days
- Passenger capacity: 318 passengers
- Ice class rating: 1A
- Size: 114m long x 20m wide
- Speed: 13 Knotts
- Built in: 2007
- Year of refurbishment: 2020
Watch the ever changing landscape and wildlife from the observation lounge and bar, a large sitting area with vast panoramic windows and an installed pair of binoculars for zooming in on the details. The expansive views continue into mealtimes – all seating in the restaurant looks out to the surroundings – and your workout, with a fitness suite with panoramic ocean views. Further opportunities to relax come in the form of the sauna and hot tubs, while an exhibition hallway adds to the onboard learning experience.
As part of the total upgrade ahead of the 2020 season, the MS Fram also now presents guests with a high-tech Science Centre. Meet and mingle with staff and fellow travellers as you deepen your discovery of the Arctic region with a range of science equipment and interactive features.
MS Fram Deck Plans
The electrical supply aboard the ship is 220v, 50Hz. Electrical outlets are standard European two pin plugs. Suites have 110v shavers. You may need a 220v/110v converter.