Why We Like This Ship
- Custom built for expedition cruising in 2010, these beautifully designed ships are a far cry from the other converted research ships
- By combining high comfort with adventure they take the best aspects from both traditional cruising and small ship adventures
- The first ships to introduce real comfort to Arctic cruising, but with a surprisingly affordable price tag
- Wide choice of some of the most exciting trips north of the Arctic Circle
- Almost all cabins have their own private balcony, a feature traditionally only reserved for the highest cabin categories
I had pretty high expectations before actually seeing this ship, but once onboard these were more than exceeded. The thoughtful overall design, real attention to detail and convivial atmosphere were the stand-outs for me.
Alex Mudd General Manager
Photos of Le Boreal, Le Soleal and L'Austral
Trips aboard Le Boreal, Le Soleal and L'Austral
Circumnavigate legendary Baffin Bay as part of this extraordinary Arctic adventure which cherry picks the region’s highlights. From West Greenland’s spectacular glaciers and pretty Inuit villages to the remoteness and rich wildlife of Baffin Island, this is a journey of…
Beginning in Iceland, travel in the footsteps of Erik the Red exploring Southern Greenland where The Vikings settled, before turning northwards up the dramatic west coast. History and spectacular ice, disgorged by West Greenland’s productive glaciers, will be the overriding…
*Note that the above measurements are approximate averages and exact cabin size can vary
All cabins feature a flat-screen TV, individually-controlled air-conditioning, minibar, iPod Players, Hair dryers and wifi.
The differences among the two sister ships are only decorative. Le Boreal was launched in 2010, L'Austral in 2011 and Le Soleal in 2013.
If you wish to stay in touch, even in Antarctica, you can choose from the options below:
- Full Internet access: available via wifi access
- Satellite phone
Please note that this is only for light data traffic. Aboard Le Lyrial, you benefit from full Internet access, which is subject to satellite connection signal (expect a much slower connection than at home, some pages can sometimes load for minutes).