Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 5 days at sea searching for and snorkelling with orca
- Small groups, maximum 15 - 22 participants*
- Basic ‘live-aboard’ accommodation on a small boat
- Limited departures Nov - Feb only
- Includes use of specially designed drysuit (and onboard sauna)
*Depending on departure date & ship
Day 1 - Tromso:
Arrival at Tromso airport and transfer to the harbor to board your vessel in the afternoon.
Day 2-6 - At Sea:
For five full days we follow the schools of herring and pods of orcas and humpbacks in the protected surroundings of the beautiful Norwegian fjords. Two expert guides will accompany you on your whale watching adventures. Be prepared for cold but rewarding days out at sea with spectacular sightings of a unique display of mother nature.
The combination of this natural phenomena, the beautiful ever changing scenery of the Norwegian fjords and the amazing Northern Lights, makes this trip an exclusive experience of nature.
Have your cameras charged and whenever possible be ready to slip into the cold water for a Polar snorkel adventure. For snorkellers we provide a (waterproof D9) snorkel, dry suit and snorkel equipment.
If you choose not to snorkel, you can enjoy the phenomena from the spacious deck on board your ship or join the Zodiac excursions for up-close whale watching and excellent photography opportunities!
During the darker hours you will enjoy the warm and cosy comfort of the expedition yacht while our expert guides entertain you with presentations and educational information on wildlife and cinematography and films. Excellent food is served with a fine selection of wines and beers.
Day 7- Disembarkation:
You will disembark in the morning, after breakfast and say farewell to your crew.
Please note: We are always ready to alter plans accordingly to take advantage of light, weather, wildlife sightings and other one-of-a-kind opportunities which can vary unpredictably from day to day. We cannot guarantee that all activities and shore landings will take place or that they will include all the events we’ve outlined in advance. Embracing the unexpected is part of the legacy—and excitement—of expedition-style travel, and a measure of flexibility is something all of us must bring along on the voyage.
About The Ship
- A piece of maritime history with beautiful brass details and wooden decks
- Maximum of 15 passengers; feels like travelling on a private yacht - enjoy exclusive access to the marine environment
- Knowledgeable and personal crew
- Can get to remote destinations
- Fully refitted and ice-strengthened to expedition standards
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $3,968 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
- The 19-Nov-2019 departure is a special Dutch voyage with photographer Karin Brussard on board for the duration of the trip.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, the single supplement in a twin cabin is 1.7 times the cost of a single berth. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
At date of embarkation, the minimum age restriction of 8 years and a minimum height and weight requirement of 64 lbs or 29kg and 48” or 1.2 metres must be met.
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation during the voyage on full board basis
- Snorkelling activities in a specially designed D9 waterproof snorkel drysuit
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- Flights to and from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional services before and after your voyage
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Optional adventure activities
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases