Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 6 full days in Svalbard
- A week long adventure under the Midnight Sun
- We like this 134-guest ship for its spaciousness and friendly staff
- Kayaking (additional cost) on select departures
- Complimentary parka jacket & rubber boot loan
Day 1: Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen
Transfer from Longyearbyen to the ship for a late afternoon embarkation: begin your adventure today! There are no planned activities so feel free to explore or rest up for the excitement ahead. Embark on the ship in the afternoon, join your fellow passengers to take your group transfer and begin your journey.
Days 2-7: Spitsbergen
This voyage is spent travelling in the world in which the polar bear survives. Our wildlife viewing opportunities are enhanced by exploring as many remote areas as possible. Spotting wildlife like the Arctic fox, Svalbard reindeer, and land or sea birds can be difficult, but well worth the effort. Ice and weather conditions permitting we can explore near sea ice, through fjords that lead to glaciers and icebergs, and discover bird nesting colonies, all from the platform of the ship. Alternatively, hop in a Zodiac to explore more closely, or be brought to land to visit historical sites and experience the tundra. We are always on the lookout for wildlife, ranging from endangered and rare polar species to sea mammals and birds. And, of course, we'll have our eyes peeled for polar bears - they can be found all throughout this region, but finding them can require patience and persistence. Come join us in the search!
Day 8: Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen
On the departure day, there will be transfers available to the Longyearbyen airport for all passengers with flights scheduled.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
About The Ship
- A 3-4* expedition vessel for 134 guests
- 360 degree Observation Deck
- 1B ice class rating
- Optional kayaking available
- Sauna and large heated mudroom
- Complimentary jacket & loan of rubber boots
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $3,462 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
Optional Adventure Activities
Sea Kayaking (USD $749 per person) - basic abilities required. Selected departures.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, the single supplement in a twin cabin is 1.6 times the cost of a single berth. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Child Policy: Children aged 10 years old or over can join this voyage.
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Arrival transfer
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation during the voyage on full board basis
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- Flights to and from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional services before and after your voyage
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Optional adventure activities
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)