Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 10 full days ‘off ship’ exploring - Svalbard (4) & Greenland (5)
- Starts in Longyearbyen, Svalbard and finishes in Reykjavik, Iceland
- We like this 134-guest ship for its spaciousness and top-notch staff
- Complimentary parka jacket & rubber boot loan
Day 1: Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen
Embark aboard our ship in the afternoon.
Day 2-5: North West Spitsbergen
Taking advantage of local ice and weather conditions, explore the Northwest Spitsbergen National Park, one of those rare places on Earth blessed with both awe-inspiring landscape and compelling history.
Days 6-7: Greenland Sea
Keep an eye out for majestic whales, which are known to feed here in the summer months. Spot orca, humpback and minke whales, as well as dolphins. Enjoy lectures by expedition staff. Frigid waters drain from the Arctic Ocean in a southwest current along the coast of Northeast Greenland.
Days 8-12: North East Greenland National Park and Ittoqqortoomiit
Spend a few days exploring the massive fjord system of Northeast Greenland National Park, which includes portions of Scorsbysund. Visit the tiny settlement of Ittoqqortoormiit for a look at how these most northerly people live.
Days 13-14: Denmark Strait
Enjoy the lecture series while watching the seas for whales. Head towards Iceland and the steaming hot springs of Reykjavik. The view is often complemented by soaring fulmars, kittiwakes, gannets, guillemots, and razorbills.
Day 15: Reykjavik
Shortly after breakfast, disembark in Reykjavik, walking distance form downtown. Transfers to the airport are available to all passengers who have flights booked on the disembarkation day.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
What our customers think
The landscapes were a revelation: instead of the barren wasteland we expected, there was a tapestry of late summer colour provided by Arctic willow and miniature birch, as well as bilberry and bear berry. The icebergs were truly magnificent, especially when the ship’s captain threaded the ship through them out of Scoresbysund.
Charles & Lesley Cook United Kingdom August 2018
About The Ship
- A 3-4* expedition vessel for 134 guests
- 360 degree Observation Deck
- 1B ice class rating
- Optional kayaking available
- Sauna and large heated mudroom
- Complimentary jacket & loan of rubber boots
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in GBP (£) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost £4349
Please note: dates and costs for 2020 are currently provisional but we are able to secure advance bookings, please contact us for more details.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, the single supplement in a twin cabin is 1.6 times the cost of a single berth. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Child Policy: Children aged 10 years old or over can join this voyage.
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Arrival transfer
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation during the voyage on full board basis
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- International flights to & from the start/finish points
- Any additional services before & after your voyage
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Optional adventure activities
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, etc
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage