Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 5 nights at the Arctic Camp
- One night in Pond Inlet
- Travel with experienced expedition leaders and local guides
- Departures in May and June
- Kayaking and snorkelling included (dry suits provided)
- Average temperature is -2°C to +10°C (+28°F to +50°F)
- Polar clothing can be rented
- A truly astounding wildlife experience
Day 1 - Pond Inlet:
Arrive in Pond Inlet. In groups of 8, board a private plane for your short flight into our premium safari camp.
Days 2 to 5 - Arctic Adventures:
Journey to the floe edge by snowmobile and qamutik (an Inuit sled for travelling on snow and ice) and enjoy spectacular Arctic landscapes and mild spring weather. Observe wildlife in their natural habitat, including narwhal, polar bears, seals and more. Ice conditions permitting, you may also visit the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, home to more than 200,000 birds.
In small groups, take day trips in the area and engage in a variety of activities both on land, such as guided hikes, and at the floe edge. Snorkel and kayak amongst sea ice and possibly within the presence of whales.
One of the greatest highlights for many guests on this safari is the opportunity to observe a variety of Arctic wildlife in their natural habitat, including narwhal, beluga, bowhead whales, seals, and polar bears.
Delve into the Inuit culture on a journey to traditional Inuit hunting grounds, by qamutik and snowmobile. You may also have a chance to visit the evocative ancient Thule sites, where you will see the traditional tent rings and learn about the culture and history of the ancestors of Inuit.
Day 6 - Return to Pond Inlet:
After another day enjoying the majesty of the High Arctic wilderness, fly directly out of camp to Pond Inlet. Explore the town at your leisure and spend your final night in a hotel.
Day 7 - Transfer Home:
Transfer to the Pond Inlet airport. Board your flight back to Ottawa and onward to home.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices are based on a Premium Safari Yurt. A Deluxe Yurt with private bath facilities is available for an upgrade. A Family Tent, for a family of four, is also available on this trip. Contact us for more details.
|Start date||Price (pp)|
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in CAD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $13,450
Inspired by African mobile safari camps, our premium safari camp brings elegance and comfort to the Arctic. The modern, specially designed Arctic yurt-style safari camp structures provide a warm and inviting home-away-from-home in one of the world’s most remote, yet breathtaking places.
3 m (10ft) cathedral ceilings, with a diameter of 4.8 m (16ft)
Double walls with insulation, large windows, and a lockable door
Large and spacious dining/lounge area with 24-hour snack and drinks buffet
Shared washroom with hot water sinks and showers. Accommodations with private washrooms are also available.
Please note :
2019 prices do not include tax (approx 5%).
2020 prices include tax.
Optional Adventure Activities:
Full kayaking course - $655
Photography thanks and credit to David Briggs
Single Supplement And Child Policy
Single berths are often unavailable due to limited spaces, please contact us. Sharing with another traveller on a same sex basis can be arranged.
Children are allowed and a family tent for four people is available, please contact us for details.
- Flight from Pond Inlet to the camp
- All meals at the camp and in Pond Inlet
- All excursions from the camp
- Use of kayaks
- Loan of dry suits and snorkelling equipment
- Any entry fees to historic sites
- Flights to and from Pond Inlet
- Any additional services before and after the trip
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Pond Inlet, Iqaluit or Ottawa
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Optional adventure activities
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the trip