What will I do?
While no two days are alike, typically each day onboard involves two key parts; an off-ship excursion lasting approx. 2-3 hours and ship-based activities while the vessel is under sail.
- By zodiac, on foot or from the bows of the ship, spotting Arctic wildlife is a core focus at all times of day
- Go ashore to explore places of historic interest - including former trading outposts, deserted Royal Canadian Mounted Police stations, or Franklin expedition sites
- Explore the tundra on foot with field classes in local geology and flora led by Arctic experts
- Community visits are fascinating - life is tough in the far north, but a warm welcome is always guaranteed. This is your opportunity to talk directly to the people who live here, enthusiastic to share their stories
- Between fascinating lectures, scanning for wildlife and socialising with guests from around the world, each moment on ship is inspiring