Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 11 full days in Svalbard
- Limited to only one departure per season
- Photography focused, but would also suit wildlife enthusiasts
- Travelling aboard a brand new top-class ship
- Complimentary parka jacket
Day 1: Oslo
Your Arctic voyage begins in Oslo, Norway’s vibrant capital city. If you arrive early, there are many museums, restaurants and green spaces to keep you busy before retiring at your included airport hotel as part of the transfer package.
Day 2: Embarkation day in Longyearbyen, Svalbard
This morning the group will transfer to the airport and board a private charter flight to Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen's largest settlement. There will be time to explore before you board the ship. Views of the rugged, glacier-topped mountains as you sail off on your adventure are stunning.
Day 3-13: Exploring Spitsbergen
Spitsbergen has an unspoiled beauty that's just begging to be discovered. On this one-of-a-kind cruise, you'll sail along the west coast of this magical island, exploring the coastal fjords and smaller, outlying islands. Each day will be a surprise, treating you to spectacular new sightings and experiences.
Every expedition is unique, depending on the weather and ice conditions, but we do hope to visit a few of our favourite landing sites, to be chosen as much for their optimal wildlife-viewing opportunities as for their stunning scenery, historical significance and hiking activities.
With no itinerary, our main goal will be to sail in a constant search for polar bears on the prowl. This means we may not move the ship every day as we do in regular voyages, if we find abundant wildlife in one place. Like true explorers, we'll let the wildlife and pack ice - not a set schedule - guide our route!
Viewing the ice bears is almost guaranteed in a region where they outnumber the people. Our small expedition ship allows us to navigate shallower waters and tighter spaces, so we expect to explore the more hard-to- reach areas the bears may favour. Presentations by on-board experts will prepare you for the adventures that await, and with continuous daylight during this time of year, photo ops abound.
You'll have ample time to linger and photograph any bears we find hunting on the ice edge, but they're not the only wildlife we hope to encounter. The food-rich waters attract walrus, whales and seabirds, so you'll want to keep your binoculars nearby while cruising.
Arctic fox and the indigenous Svalbard reindeer may also be spotted on Zodiac excursions to shore. A haven for present-day explorers, Spitsbergen and the surrounding area offer unforgettable polar experiences that will keep you and your camera active all expedition long.
Although 60 percent of the landscape is covered in glaciers and much of the terrain is mountainous, Spitsbergen (which means "pointed mountains") surprises with stretches of colorful tundra, bursting with wildflowers in summer. Optional hiking activities get you up close and personal with the abundant wildlife. At day's end, you'll have plenty of prized photographs and exciting stories to share with your shipmates.
Day 14: Depart Longyearbyen
Returning to where your adventure began, Longyearbyen, you'll have time to bid a fond farewell to your newfound friends before disembarking. From here, we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight home.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
About The Ship
- Nine different cabin options
- Swift landing opportunities with 4 Zodiac embarkation points
- On-board helicopter facilities
- 1A+ Ice Class rating
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
|Triple||Twin Porthole||Single||Twin Window||Superior Twin||Deluxe||Premium Suite||Owner's Suite||Grand Suite|
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $10345
Please note that in addition to the cost of the cabin there is a mandatory transfer package costing USD$995.
The package includes:
- One night’s pre-expedition hotel night at Oslo airport hotel, with breakfast
- Charter flight from Oslo to Longyearbyen
- Arrival and departure transfers in Longyearbyen
- Charter flight from Longyearbyen to Oslo
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation during the voyage on full board basis
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- Flights to & from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional services before and after your voyage
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Optional adventure activities
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, communication, etc
- Waterproof trousers or any other gear not mentioned
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)