Ever wanted to explore the high Arctic Norwegian fjords, observing orcas as they feed under the pink winter skies, chasing the Northern Lights, and tasting Scandinavian whisky?
We've put together a one-of-a-kind trip with special guest trip leader Tashi Wangchuk Tenzing Sherpa - three time summiter of Mount Everest, motivational speaker, and wildly interesting guy who also happens to be the grandson of the first sherpa to summit Everest.
The trip begins in Oslo visiting some great local spots, later heading up to Tromsø where you'll step on the ship for seven days during which you'll visit the world's northern-most whisky distillery, take a night hike over an idyllic Norwegian island (hopefully under the Northern Lights!) and explore an abandoned NATO base, among various other adventures we have planned.
On the second last day, after disembarking the Kinfish, you'll step on board a "spa boat" for a final day of luxury topped off with a 5-star meal of local ingredients and then relax in a beautiful hotel room right next to the Tromsø harbour.
About The Ship
- A great illustration of how perfect this little ship is for exploring the ice is that she was originally a research and rescue ship, saving 17 vessels from total loss during her service.
- Ice Class 1A
- She has just 12 passenger capacity and can reach places that larger ships cannot go.
- Facilities include two lounges and an open bridge and there are two zodiacs available for landings.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, the single supplement in a twin cabin is 1.7 times the cost of a single berth. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
At date of embarkation, the minimum age restriction of 8 years and a minimum height and weight requirement of 64 lbs or 29kg and 48” or 1.2m must be met.
- All excursions and activities by zodiac
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation during the voyage on full board basis
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- Flights to & from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional services before & after your voyage
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Optional adventure activities
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gifts, drinks)