Day 1: Arrive in Kangerlussuaq
Arrive in Kangerlussauaq ready to begin your adventure, picking up your fat bikes and meeting your guides and team for an introduction and gear check. You will then transfer to Russel Glacier and set out on the first stint on your bike, riding from the glacier to Kangerlussuaq. You'll have dinner at a local eatery, getting to know your travel companions some more.
Days 2–6: Ride the Arctic Circle trail
Spend five full days out in the wilderness of Greenland, clocking up the miles as you experience glaciers, cross the Arctic Circle, and embrace the UNESCO site landscape.
Over the trip you'll complete the Arctic Circle trail, riding from icecap to coast as you take in the Arctic winter. From day two to six you will stop at: Kangerlussuaq Old Camp, Canoo centre, Eqaluniarfik, Inajuatoq and Kangerluarsuk Tulleq.
If you want to ride less hours some days, there's the option to jump into the vehicle that will be accompanying you. You'll sleep in either thermo tents (four nights) or the cabins that are available along the tai (two nights). On some of the camps sites the cabins are too small or already occupied by the local dog sled musher, which is when you will rely on the thermo tents.
The support team prepare dinners and breakfasts each day, while you are setting up/down your tents or unpacking/packing at the cabins. Meals are hearty and warm, often involving different types of meats and carbohydrates like rice and pasta to fuel you as you expend a lot of energy. At breakfast you will make your own lunch and gather some extra snacks like granola bars and nuts. You can enjoy these snacks with hot drinks when you take strategic stops throughout the day's ride.
Day 7: Transfer and departure
After breakfast at the accommodation, take your transfer back to the airport ready for your departing or onward flight.
- There is very limited access to foodstuff like salads, fruits and vegetables in Greenland. If you have allergies or food preferences that may prevent you from eating the set meals please notify us at the time of booking so special meals can be organised
- During the day we recommend that you have a big jacket reachable, so that you don’t get cold while stopping
- If you would like to combine the trip with other destinations in Greenland, we can tailor or extend the itinerary as you wish. Please get in touch to discuss the options
- Weather can delay flights in Greenland so we would always recommend both that you plan an extra day at the end of this trip to account for this and that you ensure that your insurance covers the potential cost of any delay.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room. The base price of DKK 26000 per person applies for trips between February and April. There are no fixed departure dates, please contact us to set the bespoke dates for your adventure.
Fatbike rental can be included at EUR €245 per bike.
Accommodation on the trail is in a combination of local huts and tents. Huts are there for anyone and cannot be pre-booked, should one be occupied then your guides will erect a tent for the night.
Optional additional activities include guided dog sled and snowmobile tours. We can advise on pricing on request.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
Single supplement – rates are available on request
Child policy – the trip is not suitable for persons under 16 years old.
- Full board throughout the itinerary
- Two nights in cabin accommodation
- Four nights camping incl. equipment
- Local guides
- Transfer to Russel Glacier
- All activities as per the itinerary
- Use of the Arctic Spa in Sisimiut
- Transfers from & to the airport
- Fat bike (€245) and helmet rental
- Flights to & from Sisimiut, costs will vary dependent on where you live
- Sleeping bag
- Local entrance fees
- Any additional services before & after the trip
- Travel insurance
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes