Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 5 days and 4 nights in Sisimiut, Greenland
- All activities and meals included
- Trip can be tailored to your preferences
- Travel in February to April
- Dogsledding with local dog handler
- Snowmobile on quality Yamaha machines
- Winter clothing provided (jacket, trousers & boots)
- Flights are not included and can be arranged from anywhere
Day 1: Arrive in Sisimiut and explore
Arrive in Sisimiut where you will be greeted at the airport and transferred to the hotel. After a briefing and light lunch you will head out on a sightseeing and orientation tour. You will visit the old quarter, harbour, hunters market and museum as well as some spectacular look out spots.
To complete your first day you'll have a 2 course dinner with Greenlandic specialities to try. Following dinner, you can head out on an optional hike to attempt to spot the Aurora Borealis.
Day 2: Sled from dog town!
After a hearty and warming breakfast you will wrap up warm and head out to dog town, you may hear it before you get there! A local musher, who may not speak much English, will be there with their dogs ready and raring to go.
Once you've settled on the sled you'll be off into the hills on a specatcular ride with no sound but the sled on the snow and the dogs occasional yelp of excitement. Routes will vary depending on the conditions and most take around three hours with a stop for hot drinks and a packed lunch on the way.
You then have the afternoon free to explore, or perhaps make use of the Arctic sauna at the hotel.
Day 3: A day out on the snowmobiles
Today you will travel deeper into the mountains with the power of a snowmobile to help cover the ground a bit quicker. These incredible and easy to drive vehicles can take you almost anywhere; over frozen fjords and along frozen mountain paths. Your guide will ensure that you are confident with the snowmobile before you head off and then tailor the route and speed to suit you.
You will stop along the way for lunch and hot drinks, maybe even doing so at one of the remote cabins in the region.
Time later in the afternoon is at leisure, you might like to try your legs at cross-country skiing (arrangeable for an additional cost) or explore the museum, church or the harbour. The latter would be fitting as dinner tonight is known as the Nasaasaaq special – the delights of the Polar Sea on a plate!
Day 4: Hike in Greenland's wilderness
Eat a big breakfast this morning as you will be pulling on snowshoes and heading out into the wilderness to hike through the pristine snow. This is great fun if you've never done it before and you'll have earned lunch back at the hotel by the time it comes round!
A gentle afternoon is in store as you will enjoy a ride on the monster sled. This is a bespoke vehicle towed behind a powerful snowmobile and can take you to some of the harder to reach spots.
In the evening, have your farewell dinner at the hotel restuarant.
Day 5: Transfer and departure
After breakfast, you'll take your transfer back to the airport ready for your departing or onward flight.
- Flights are not included in the price although we can arrange these for you
- If you have a specific interest, wish to do more of one activity, or would like to combine the trip with other destinations in Greenland, we can tailor or extend the itinerary as you wish. Please get in touch to discuss the options
- No driving licence is necessary to operate a snowmobile
- Temperatures at this time of year can easily reach -30C/-22F and while jackets, pants and boots are provided you will need layers, hats, gloves, long johns etc to be well prepared
- Weather can delay flights in Greenland so we would always recommend both that you plan an extra day at the end of this trip to account for this and that you ensure that your insurance covers the potential cost of any delay.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices displayed are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room.
Optional additional activities include cross-country skiing, the Arctic sauna, and winter "fat-biking". We can advise on pricing on request.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
Single supplement – rates are available on request, as a guide we would expect it to be around 1.7 times the per person rate.
Child policy – there is no official policy, but the trip is not really suitable for persons under 12 years old.
- All activities as per the itinerary
- Winter clothing and necessary equipment
- All meals from lunch on day one to breakfast on day five
- Transfers from and to Sisimiut airport
- Flights to & from Sisimiut, costs will vary dependent on where you live
- Any additional services before & after the trip
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the trip