Travel insurance is not included in the price of your trip, so to get a quote we would recommend you contact a local provider. Our customers of different nationalities have suggested a few below. There are two types to be aware of:
- Medical and Emergency Insurance: this is essential and you should not travel without it.
- Pre Trip Cancellation Insurance: this is relatively inexpensive, and provides financial protection in case of cancellation by you. As it covers the period between you putting down a deposit and starting your trip, it isn't often necessary if you book close to your departure date.
What your travel policy should include?
Every travel policy should include these standard requirements:
- Cancellation and curtailment charges
- Financial failure
- Emergency medical and other expenses
- Hospital inconvenience benefit
- Personal accident
- Loss of limb(s)/sight
- Permanent total disablement
- Baggage & passport
- Personal money and documents
- Personal liability journey
- Disruption including airspace closure
- Delayed departure or trip cancellation
- Missed departure/connection
- Travel risks: hijack/mugging etc
- Legal expenses