Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 5 days and 4 nights (2 in Sisimiut and 2 at the lodge)
- All activities and meals included
- Trip can be tailored to your preferences
- Travel from late May to September
- Rods etc can be supplied if necessary
- Visit remote settlements in Greenland
- Try local delicacies and experience the welcoming Greenlandic culture
- Flights are not included and can be arranged from anywhere
Day 1: Arrive in Sisimiut and explore
Arrive in Sisimiut where you will be greeted at the airport and transferred to the hotel. After a briefing and light lunch you will head out on a sightseeing and orientation tour. You will visit the old quarter, harbour, hunters market and museum as well as some spectacular look out spots.
To complete your first day you'll have a 2 course dinner with Greenlandic specialities to try.
Day 2: Travel to the lodge
An early breakfast will set you up for the day and at 09:00 you will find yourself at the harbour ready to board the boat that will take you to the remote lodge.
Day 3: Cycle and hike around Sisimiut
Sisimiut is home to the largest network of dirt roads in Greenland and with the help of an e-bike you can get out and explore them, it's also very hilly so you'll want that 'e' bit on the bike! You will visit look out spots as well as a few gems that only the locals know about.
After lunch you'll head out on foot to explore dog town where 1,000 sled dogs are housed. After learning about these incredible animals who can survive temperatures below -50C/-58F you will hike the beautiful Crow Berry trail.
You'll have earnt your dinner tonight which is known as the Nasaasaaq special – the delights of the Polar Sea on a plate!
Day 4: Fish in historic Greenlandic spots
The 1960's & 70's saw a shift in Greenlandic culture as smaller settlements were abandoned by people moving to larger towns. One of these ghost villages is a short journey by boat from Sisimiut and here you can explore a slice of the past. Over the last few years this corner has been rich in ammassat (capelin), a favourite food of humpback whales who can often be seen very close to the shore. There's also the potential to see minke and fin whales in the region.
On the way home there may well be a chance to get the fishing lines out. This is a popular fishing area for locals who like to catch the ammassat which makes for great dog food and traditional dried snacks.
Depending on your luck this may or may not be your dinner!
Day 5: Transfer and departure
After breakfast, you'll take your transfer back to the airport ready for your departing or onward flight.
- Flights are not included in the price although we can arrange these for you
- If you have a specific interest, wish to do more of one activity, or would like to combine the trip with other destinations in Greenland, we can tailor or extend the itinerary as you wish. Please get in touch to discuss the options
- No driving licence is necessary to operate a snowmobile
- Weather can delay flights in Greenland so we would always recommend both that you plan an extra day at the end of this trip to account for this and that you ensure that your insurance covers the potential cost of any delay.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room. The base price of DKK 14,959 per person applies for trips between May and September. There are no fixed departure dates, please contact us to set the bespoke dates for your adventure.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
Single supplement – rates are available on request, as a guide we would expect it to be around 1.7 times the per person rate.
Child policy – there is no official policy, but the trip is not really suitable for persons under 12 years old.
- All meals and transfers as detailed
- Choice of activity on the afternoon of day four
- Fishing permits and local guide
- Flights to and from Sisimiut, costs will vary dependent on where you live
- Any additional services before and after the trip
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the trip